Head of businesss development
Role title: Head of business development
Date posted: 6 December 2018
Salary: Very competitive mix of salary/equity/bonus, based on experience
Location: Clerkenwell, London
Flourish is a cloud-based data visualization product that enables anyone to produce stunning interactive graphics and animated presentations. Launched in 2018 and backed by leading VCs in the UK and US, it is already being used by blue-chip companies, from Toyota and Moody’s to EY and PwC.
We are now seeking a Head of Business Development to help take us to the next level. Reporting to the CEO, this is a senior role in an exciting company. You’ll have a meaningful equity stake, independence in how you work, and an opportunity to help shape a successful, genuinely disruptive business with huge potential.
- Handle a busy pipeline of enthusiastic inbound enquiries, demo to customers (from startups to large corporates) and close deals
- Expand the existing pipeline, identifying and acquiring new leads and markets – including mining our massive base of free users
- Work with the CEO and customer success manager to expand key accounts
- Create a metrics-driven sales culture, tracking acquisition costs and using that to help shape company strategy
- As the company grows, develop and manage the business development and sales operation
- Work with the senior team to shape pricing and product packages for business customers
- Deeply understand customer aims and needs, communicating themes and blockers to the product team
We’re looking for great communication and presentation skills, strong quantitative skills, and the desire and skill to help build a big business. You could be based at a management consultancy or investment bank, looking to move into the startup world. Or you may already have startup experience. Either way, we’re looking for:
- Proven experience of creating and closing business deals
- A strong presenter, comfortable demoing at short notice (you’ll have great material to work with!)
- Solid quantitative and data skills: able to talk articulately to potential customers about their data and how it fits with our product
- Strong, empathetic communication skills
- Proven examples of showing initiative and self-starting
Prior interest in data visualisation or interactive content would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Our company: Flourish is a small talented team combining decades of collective experience in development, data, visualization and journalism/publishing. We grew out of the award-winning agency Kiln. Read more about the team.
Our values: We’re a friendly and supportive team that values kindness, honesty and irreverence. We’re open and try new things with enthusiasm – everyone has “free Fridays” to experiment and improve Flourish. And we’re high-momentum, focused on delivering magical products that our users love.
Our backers: We developed Flourish at Founders Factory before closing a seed round with leading VC funds based in the UK (LocalGlobe) and US (Founder Collective). We also have a partnership with Google News Lab to provide Flourish to newsrooms all over the world.
Our location: Our office in central London is an exciting place to work, with a fun and collaborative vibe. Some of our staff work remotely, but for this role we’d like you to be based in the London office the majority of the time.
Send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must already have the right to live and work in the UK. Got questions about the job? Feel free to email us for a chat.
Please spread the word instead! And keep an eye out for our other vacancies.