Information security manager
Full-time, London or UK-remote
Date posted: 17 March 2021
Closing date: Open until filled
Are you passionate and knowledgeable about information security? Do you want to join one of the UK’s most exciting tech start-ups and work with a great team building an ambitious product with a global impact?
Flourish is empowering the world to visualize and tell stories with data. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics, presentations and interactive stories without coding. Since our launch in 2018, more than 500,000 registered users have produced more than 5 million graphics, which have racked up more than ten billion views.
Our customers include leading newsrooms (such as BBC and FT), major corporates (such as Goldman Sachs and Moody’s), NGOs (Amnesty, Rockefeller) plus universities all over the world.
We’re looking for an information security manager to join the team.
You will be responsible for overseeing and improving our information security management system. You will monitor and ensure compliance internally; communicate with current and potential customers on information security matters; help shape the company’s security practices by feeding back customer requirements and best practice to the technical team.
You are an experienced information security professional excited by the Flourish mission and the prospect of working in an ambitious, product-oriented team. You have good working knowledge of the cybersecurity requirements and expectations of corporates and certification bodies, but you’d prefer to be based in a dynamic startup environment.
- At least three years of experience in an information security role
- Experience of creating and overseeing ISMSs
- Experience of customer–vendor security reviews
- Familiarity with ISO 27001
- Good knowledge of information security terminology and processes
- Ability to contribute to our devops processes and/or codebases
- Practical knowledge of AWS systems
- Detailed knowledge of GDPR and data protection
- Patient, organised and detail-oriented
- Good written and verbal customer/team communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Excited by Flourish and its mission
Our company: Flourish is a small team combining decades of collective experience in development, data, design, visualization and journalism/publishing. Read more about the team.
Our culture: We’re a friendly and supportive group that values kindness, honesty and fun. We’re open and try new things with enthusiasm. And we’re high-momentum, focused on delivering magical products that our users love. We socialise as a team at least once a month.
Our interview process: We make our hiring process fast and straightforward. Typically there is a brief initial call, followed by an interview designed to be rigorous but friendly.
Our location: We are largely a UK-based team, with a few exceptions. We used to be based in a fun office in Clerkenwell in central London. This was closed at the start of the COVID crisis, and we intend to get a new office in London in 2021, most likely in the Shoreditch area, but we do support remote working.
- Salary of £60–75k depending on skill and experience
- Remote working is welcome (the majority of our development team is remote), though after lockdown lifts, it would be a plus if you could be at our London office every few weeks for sprint planning/retros and socials
- ‘20% time’ for developers on Fridays - you can choose what to work on, as long as it’s relevant to the company’s mission
- Flexible hours, and respect for work/life balance (not “startup hours”)
- Lots of potential for career progression
- 30 days’ annual holiday
Send a CV, and a covering letter explaining why you’re interested in this role and how you meet the description above, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Information security manager”. Got questions about the job? Feel free to email us for a chat.
We’re committed to equality and diversity in the tech industry, so we’ll be especially happy to see applications from under-represented backgrounds.
Sorry, but we won’t be able to sponsor visas for this role: please do not apply if you do not already have the right to work in the UK. We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies for this role.
Please spread the word instead! And join our mailing list to stay posted about Flourish.