Full time, London
Date posted: 7 July 2021
Closing date: Ongoing
Do you love design, data graphics and interactive content? Are you a team player who can organize anything, has an eye for a beautiful space and an instinct for team culture? Do you want to join one of London’s most exciting tech start-ups and be part of a talented and friendly team?
Flourish is empowering the world to visualize and tell stories with data. It enables anyone to create beautiful graphics, presentations and interactive stories without coding. Since our launch in 2018, more than 500,000 registered users have produced more than 5 million graphics, which have racked up more than ten billion views.
Our customers include leading newsrooms (such as BBC and FT), major corporates (such as Goldman Sachs, EY and Moody’s), NGOs (Amnesty, Rockefeller) plus universities all over the world.
We’re looking for an Office Manager to play an essential role in the team. You’ll be overseeing our office space, coordinating diaries and activities, planning team trips, and making sure the whole company runs as smoothly as possible.
(Some of) the Flourish team on a glamping retreat
This is a fun, varied role at the heart of a busy tech startup. You will work across lots of areas:
- Oversee our temporary home in Shoreditch
- Help find and kit out our dream permanent office
- Help sustain our supportive, positive culture (in the office and remote)
- Coordinate our regular team socials and retreats
- Help senior team with arranging calls
- Manage the company’s general email inbox, answer (occasional) phone calls
- General admin: booking calls, rooms, ordering supplies, etc
- Support the HR team with hiring admin (booking interviews, etc)
We’re looking for:
- At least two years’ experience in an office manager / operations / PA role, preferably in a tech company; or impressive academic/professional profile, plus relevant work experience
- Enthusiastic and proactive working approach
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- A great communicator, with good written and spoken English
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and manage own time
- Interest in creating a positive, fun team culture
An interest in data visualization, interactive content or design would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Our way of working: We’re a friendly and supportive group that values kindness, honesty and fun. We’re open and try new things with enthusiasm. And we’re high-momentum, focused on delivering magical products that our users love.
Our location: About half the team work remotely, but this role is based in the London office full-time. We’re about to move into a warehouse-style office in Shoreditch for at least nine months; we’ll be looking for a longer-term home once we’re there.
Our interview process: We believe transparent, straightforward recruitment processes are better for everyone. The process for this role will start with a quick initial call with our hiring lead, followed by a quick 15-minute admin test. After that, we’ll invite a few shortlisted candidates for a second interview.
Salary of £30–40k depending on skills and experience
30 days’ annual holiday
Equity to give you a stake in the company’s success
Potential for career progression
Humane hours and flexible working culture. We’re fast-paced and ambitious, but we value work/life balance
Send a CV, and a covering letter explaining why you’re interested in this role and how you meet the description above, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Office Manager”. Got questions about the job? Feel free to email us for a chat.
We’re committed to equality and diversity in the tech industry, so we’ll be especially happy to see applications from under-represented backgrounds.
Sorry, but we won’t be able to sponsor visas for this role: please do not apply if you do not already have the right to work in the UK. We are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies for this role.
Please spread the word instead! And join our mailing list to stay posted about Flourish.