Date posted: 20th December 2019
Closing date: Ongoing
Are you an enthusiastic, organised Office Manager who loves making sure everything’s running smoothly? Do you want to join one of London’s hottest tech start-ups and be part of a talented and friendly team?
Flourish is an online tool for creating beautiful data graphics and presentations without coding. Launched in 2018, it is already being used by thousands of organizations around the globe, from publishers to governments, agencies to blue-chip corporates, and is growing rapidly. We also work with many of the world’s leading newsrooms.
We’re looking for an Office Manager to play an essential role in the team by providing operational support to all aspects of our work. You’ll be the first point of contact for many aspects of the business. You’ll be booking travel and social activities, helping us find a new office, and making sure everything runs smoothly.
We’d like you to do the following:
- Help manage the CEO’s diary
- Coordinate our next office move as we expand
- Handle general team/office admin, booking meeting rooms, ordering supplies, etc
- Manage the company’s general email inbox, answer phone
- Coordinate our regular team socials and retreats
- Organise travel to conferences, etc
- Support recruitment: replying to job applicants, booking interview slots, etc
- Other HR admin as needed: scheduling staff reviews, handling visa paperwork, etc
- Occasionally represent Flourish at events
In this role, you’ll be reporting to the CEO, and you’ll get a good overview of the workings of a busy tech startup.
We’re looking for:
- Experience in operations, office management or as a PA
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- A great communicator, with good written and spoken English
- Proven ability to prioritise workload and manage own time
An interest in data visualisation and interactive content would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Our company: Flourish is a small team combining decades of collective experience in development, data, design, visualization and journalism/publishing. We grew out of the award-winning agency Kiln. Read more about the team.
Our way of working: We’re a friendly and supportive group that values kindness, honesty and fun. We’re open and try new things with enthusiasm. And we’re high-momentum, focused on delivering magical products that our users love.
Our location: Our office in central London is an exciting place to work, with a relaxed collaborative vibe and excellent lunches on neighbouring Leather Lane. Some of our staff work remotely, but for this role we’d like you to be based in the London office full-time.
Salary from £20k to £28k depending on experience, with potential for share options to give you a stake in the company’s success. 30 days’ annual holiday.
Humane hours and flexible working culture. We’re fast-paced and ambitious but we don’t work crazy “startup” hours. We value time off and flexibility.
Send a CV, and a covering letter explaining why you’re interested in this role and how you meet the description above, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Office Manager”. Got questions about the job? Feel free to email us for a chat.
Sorry, but we won’t be able to sponsor visas: you must already have the right to work in the UK.
Please spread the word instead! And join our mailing list to stay posted about Flourish.