The updated Flourish Sankey template provides a powerful and flexible way to create flow diagrams from a spreadsheet of data. As the example story below demonstrates, the template supports both:
- Classic Sankey diagrams, which allow you to visualize flow data with any structure - these are useful for visualizing flows across networks, such as energy in a power grid
- Modern Alluvial diagrams, which show flows between a fixed number of steps - these are ideal for visualizing change over time, such as changes in party representation over a series of elections
Click next in the story below for a quick tour of what you can do with the updated Sankey template.
As the example shows, the template provides a lot of options and features for fine-tuning your diagram. These include:
- Position labels inside and outside the diagram
- Automatically hide overlapping labels
- Scale and layout labels based on screen size for better mobile performance
- Use a default color scheme, or assign a specific color to each node
- Allow the user to mouseover flows to see the values
- Use advanced features such as Sankey diagram alignment
- Animate between datasets and views by combining multiple diagrams in a Flourish story
We hope you like the template and look forward to seeing what you make with it. Give it a try now!