At Flourish, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We try to collect the minimum amount of personal information we need to run our services.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
By using our service, you’re agreeing to be bound by this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. This policy was last updated in February 2018.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com, or in writing to Flourish, Studio G06, 16 Baldwin’s Gardens, London EC1N 7RJ.
We’re Kiln Enterprises Ltd, company number 08825531, registered address Studio G06, 16 Baldwin’s Gardens, London EC1N 7RJ. We run Flourish.
We obtain information about you when you sign up for access to Flourish, when you use Flourish, and when you sign up for our email newsletter. We also collect any personal information that is in data and code that you choose to upload to our website.
We collect the information that we need in order to provide you with access to Flourish. We use your information to administer your account, take payments from you (if applicable), provide you with news and updates on Flourish, information about Flourish goods or services which may interest you, and improve Flourish for you and other users.
When you sign up for our email newsletter, we collect your email address and company details (if applicable).
When you sign up to Flourish, we collect your Flourish username, display name and email address, plus optional additional information about your company, job role and your intended use of Flourish.
When you pay to use Flourish, we collect and store your billing information (such as address and VAT number). If paying on our website by card, your card information is not held by us; it is collected by third-party payment processor Stripe, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
If you contact us, for example to report a problem or send us a question, we store details of the communication.
We also store any data and code you upload to Flourish as part of your use of the service, which may include personal information.
You are under no obligation to provide any personal information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you use Flourish, we collect information on the actions you take, and the time you take those actions. By using cookies, we also collect information such as the type of internet browser you use, though none of this information is stored alongside your personal information - for more information, see the Cookies section below.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page. You cannot be identified from this aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
- any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
We may use information you give to us in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to process your payments, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about Flourish, and other of our services that may interest you;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
We may use information we collect about you in the following ways:
- to administer our site under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our product and site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for our legitimate interest of measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them in our legitimate interests and subject to your stated preferences where relevant.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive marketing information from us. If you do not want to receive news and updates from us, please click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email, or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will continue to receive any essential emails regarding your Flourish account.
When you visit Flourish, a web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device.
Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to Flourish, and will last for longer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into your User account.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way our website works, for example, by making sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get and ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to customise elements of the layout and/or content of pages for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Some of the cookies used by Flourish are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf, as detailed below.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. You can learn more about cookies by visiting AllAboutCookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of Flourish.
Cookie name: Flourish session cookie (connect.sid) Purpose: Identifies the session for the purposes of log-in status Type & duration: Persistent
Cookie name: Google Analytics (_ga) Purpose: Measuring site usage Type & duration: 2 years
Cookie name: Google Analytics (_gat) Purpose: Measuring site usage Type & duration: 10 minutes
Cookie name: Mouseflow (mf_[session]) Purpose: Identifying the browser session Type & duration: Expires at session end
Cookie name: Mouseflow (mf_user) Purpose: Establishes whether the user is a returning or first-time visitor Type & duration: 90 days
Cookie name: Olark (hblid) Purpose: A visitor identifier to remember the user between visits Type & duration: 2 years
Cookie name: Olark (wcsid) Purpose: A session identifier to keep track of a single chat session Type & duration: Expires at session end
Cookie name: Olark (olfsk) Purpose: Storage identifier used to maintain chat state across pages (e.g. message history) Type & duration: 2 years
Cookie name: Olark (okbk) Purpose: Extra state information (e.g. chat box being open/closed) Type & duration: Expires at session end
Cookie name: Olark (ok) Purpose: Most recent Olark site ID (security measure) Type & duration: Expires at session end
Cookie name: Olark (oklv) Purpose: The Olark loader version (for improved caching) Type & duration: Expires at session end
Cookie name: Olark (okla) Purpose: Used for caching purposes (loaded from CDN vs. loaded from Olark infrastructure) Type & duration: Expires at session end
Cookie name: Olark (okgid) Purpose: Group ID the visitor is locked to Type & duration: Expires at session end
Cookie name: Olark (okac) Purpose: Used for caching by setting a hash for assets to determine if they have changed and if they need to be refreshed Type & duration: Expires at session end
Cookie name: Olark (okck) Purpose: Used to test whether the visitor’s browser allows cookies to be stored Type & duration: Expires at session end
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors for performance of the contract with you, and prospective purchasers of Flourish, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may record Public Users’ screen sessions using the Mouseflow tool. This may include code, data and text that you have uploaded to the service but does not include other personally identifiable information. You can view Mouseflow’s security policies and choose to opt out of Mouseflow tracking.
We share your personal information with third parties who help us improve Flourish: processing transactions (Stripe, our payments processor), managing support requests (Helpscout and Olark, our customer support partners), and storing information on how you use the service (Pipedrive). We share the minimum amount of personal information required to perform these functions, and these third parties will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform these functions.
When you create an account on Flourish, this will generate a public user profile that will include: your username and name as supplied to Flourish; links to your publicly visible projects and templates; plus any additional information you choose to add to your profile.
For users on Public accounts, all your draft and published projects will be publicly visible on the web; for users on Public and Personal accounts, all templates that you upload will be available for use by all Users.
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information is encrypted.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Except where otherwise expressly agreed, your personal information which we collect is sent to and stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area (EEA). This storage is necessary in order to process the information.
Personal information submitted may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the EEA and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA.
By using Flourish, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
If you ask us to delete your account, any project or profile information, plus any templates created by you that are not being used by other users, will be deleted immediately. However, templates created by you that are already being used by other users may continue to be available to those users.
If we delete your account for other reasons - such as a missed payment on a paid account - we will continue to store all projects, profile information and templates for a minimum period of 2 years after closure of an account, in order to allow the account to be reactivated without any data loss. We reserve the right to delete all templates, profile information and projects at the end of this period, or sooner on request from the company administrator who controls the account.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us, and we will not contact you unless you have given prior consent. If you do not want to receive news and updates from us, please click the “Unsubscribe” link in any email, or contact us: email@example.com (You will continue to receive any essential emails regarding your Flourish account.)
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. To request this information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have a right:
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data and request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, you can correct this in the Flourish app on your Settings page, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your information, you also have a right to complain to a supervisory authority. Our supervisory authority is the UK Information Commissioner.
Document version: 2.0 Last updated: 1 February 2018