Last updated: 30 May 2023
At Flourish, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We try to collect the minimum amount of personal information we need to run our services.
The data controller responsible for your personal information is Kiln Enterprises Ltd, company number 08825531, registered address 33-35 Hoxton Square, London, N1 6NN.
We obtain information about you when you sign up for access to Flourish, when you use Flourish, and when you sign up for our email newsletter. We also collect any personal information that is in data and code that you choose to upload to our website. We may also collect certain information from you automatically through cookies and other tracking technologies, as described below.
We collect the information that we need in order to provide you with access to Flourish. We use your information to administer your account, take payments from you (if applicable), provide you with news and updates on Flourish, information about Flourish goods or services which may interest you, and improve Flourish for you and other Users.
When you sign up for our email newsletter, we collect your email address and company details (if applicable).
When you sign up to Flourish, we collect your Flourish username, display name and email address, plus optional additional information about your company, job role and your intended use of Flourish.
If you contact us, for example to report a problem or send us a question, we store details of the communication. We may also store any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
We also store any data and code you upload to Flourish as part of your use of the service, which may include personal information.
You are under no obligation to provide any personal information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you use Flourish, we collect certain information automatically such as the actions you take, and the time you take those actions. By using cookies, we also collect information such as the type of internet browser you use.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page. You cannot be identified from this aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
We may also record Public Users’ screen sessions using the Mouseflow tool. This may include code, data and text that you have uploaded to the service but does not include other personally identifiable information. You can view Mouseflow’s security policies and choose to opt out of Mouseflow tracking.
We may use information you give to us in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including to process your payments, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about Flourish, and other of our services that may interest you;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- to ensure in our legitimate interests that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
We may use information we collect about you in the following ways:
- to administer our site under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, and, in our legitimate interests, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our product and website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- for our legitimate interest of measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other Users about goods or services that may interest you or them in our legitimate interests and subject to your stated preferences where relevant.
We need a legal basis to collect, use and disclose your personal information. Our legal basis for collecting, using and disclosing your data will depend on the information concerned and the context in which it is processed. However, we will normally process your data only where we need the data to perform a contract with you, it is in our legitimate interests to do so, or we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process your information.
Further to the purposes outlined above, the following may apply:
- If you contact us (e.g. by e-mail), we use your information processed to carry out pre-contractual measures, fulfil our contract with you or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- If you sign up for our newsletter, we rely on your consent to process your information to send you our newsletter on a regular basis.
- When you sign up to Flourish, we process your information to create and maintain your account in order to fulfil our contact with you.
- If your information is processed to deal with business transactions, your information is processed to carry out pre-contractual measures, fulfil our contract with you or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
- We process your information to ensure system security, make suggestions and recommendations to you, manage and improve our Service and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others where it is in our legitimate interests to do. We also rely on legitimate interests where we process your information for data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. We do not rely on this lawful basis where our legitimate interests are overridden by your interests.
- We may process your information because it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, such as for tax, accounting and audit purposes.
When you visit Flourish, we (and the third parties we work with) send cookie or other technologies to your computer or mobile device.
Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. Some of the cookies used by Flourish are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf, as detailed below. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to Flourish, and will last for longer.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and your help screen or manual will tell you how to do this. However, you will not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so.
When you embed Flourish content on your website, we do not place any cookies.
We share your personal information with third parties who help us improve Flourish:. Some of the third parties that we may share your personal information with include third parties who assist use with functions such as processing transactions (Stripe, our payments processor), managing support requests (Helpscout, our customer support partner), sending and managing emails and newsletters (Mailchimp) and storing information on how you use the service (Pipedrive). We share the minimum amount of personal information required to perform these functions, and these third parties will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform these functions.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will also not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors for performance of the contract with you, and prospective purchasers of Flourish, but these statistics will not include any personally identifiable information about you.
Anyone with view access to your projects (e.g. you and any colleagues in the same Company account) will see your Projects or Templates listed on your profile page (“Profile”), along with your name, username and any additional information that you decided to add to your profile. You can also optionally enable your profile page to be publicly visible. If you do this, anyone on the internet will be able to view your published projects and profile information (but not any unpublished projects).
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Except where otherwise expressly agreed, your personal information is sent to and stored on secure servers within the European Economic Area (EEA). This storage is necessary in order to process the information.
We may transfer your personal information to our other offices, affiliates and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see “Who has access to your information”), which may be situated outside the UK and EEA. These countries concerned may not offer an equivalent level of protection for personal information as laws in the UK and EEA.
By using Flourish, you understand that your personal information may be transferred and processed outside the UK and EEA.
If you ask us to delete your account, any project or profile information, plus any templates created by you that are not being used by other Users, will be deleted immediately. However, templates created by you that are already being used by other Users may continue to be available to those Users.
If we delete your account for other reasons - such as a missed payment on a paid account - we will continue to store all projects, profile information and templates for a minimum period of 2 years after closure of an account, in order to allow the account to be reactivated without any data loss. We reserve the right to delete all templates, profile information and projects at the end of this period, or sooner on request from the company administrator who controls the account. We may also be required to retain your information to comply with our legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us, and we will not contact you unless you have given prior consent. If you do not want to receive news, updates or marketing from us, please click the “Unsubscribe” link in any email, or contact us: email@example.com (You will continue to receive any essential emails regarding your Flourish account.)
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, you can correct this in the Flourish app on your Settings page, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have certain rights under applicable data protection laws.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. To request this information, contact us at email@example.com.
Under certain circumstances, you also have a right:
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal information held by us;
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information, where we rely on your consent as our lawful basis to do so;
- to object and request that we cease processing your information, where we rely on legitimate interests as our lawful basis to do so;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example); and
- to request that your information be provided in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or transferred to a third party controller.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your information, you also have a right to complain to a supervisory authority. Our supervisory authority is the UK Information Commissioner.